Our mission is to continue the tradition established in 1891 by our founder, Miss Fannie Battle: to provide affordable high-quality child care, for at-risk children in a nurturing environment while empowering families to reach their potential.
“Teaching Children. Empowering Families. Strengthening the Community.”
Enrollment & Fees
We are now enrolling for School-Age Full or Part Time
Enrollment is open to all children whose parents/guardians are working full-time or going to school. Fannie Battle accepts children 6 weeks through 12 years. Fannie Battle Day Home will give the following groups priority in enrollment:
- Siblings of children already enrolled
- Children receiving aid from Tennessee Department of Human Services
- Children of low-income families
- Children of single parents
Our weekly tuition fees are based upon household income and size and range as follows:
- Infant/Toddler: $125 – $275
- 2 Year Old: $100 – $200
- PS/PK: $70 – $180
- School Age /Full Time: $60 – $140
- School Age /Part Time: $40 – $70
Other requests are served on a first-come basis and slot availability. Everyone applying for our waiting list must do so in person. There is a small fee of $5 to be placed on our waiting list. Contact Annie McCutchen, Program Director, with waiting list questions email@example.com or (615) 228-6745.
Ready to enroll?
Please inquire for Metro Pre-K enrollment policies.
Fannie Battle is licensed by State of TN with the highest 3-Star Rating and have achieved this rating since inception of the 3-Star Program in 2001.
Classrooms implement lesson plans and curriculum in order to meet each child’s individual goals. Enrichment opportunities are also offered (field trips, Mad Science, Dance, etc.). Our goal is to support the cognitive, physical, emotional and social development of each child while creating a safe environment that encourages growth and learning. Expected outcomes include providing children the support to achieve and maintain academic success and offering experiences our children may not otherwise be able to afford.
- Infant Classroom: 2:8 Ratio
- Toddler Classroom: 2:8 Ratio
- Two’s Classroom: 2:10 Ratio
- Preschool Classroom: 2:16 Ratio, Read to Succeed Classroom, DLM Curriculum
- MNPS Pre-K Classroom (Pre-K Before & After Care Classroom and Summer Program): 2:20 Ratio, Read to Succeed Classroom, MNPS Pre-K Classroom, Frog Street Press Curriculum & MNPS Pre-K Report Card
- School-Age Classroom: 1:20 Ratios, LEAPS Program, Tutoring & Reading Programs, Transportation to and from KIPP/Kirkpatrick, East Middle, Hattie Cotton, Nashville Classical and Lockeland, Full-Time Summer Enrichment Program. The following schools provide their own transportation to and from Fannie Battle:
- East End Prep
6:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m, Monday through Friday.
Breakfast, lunch and snack are provided to children (over 13 months of age) daily at no additional cost. Fannie Battle Day Home for Children participates in the (CACFP) Child and Adult Care Food Program, which is open to all eligible children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.